Author Topic: New times  (Read 2692 times)

combuijs

• Combuijs 1a
    • View Profile
Re: New times
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2018, 12:43:57 am »
There is no way to have any success with TT, Hill, Cobble or sprint rider. It will be impossible to reach 1a with a generation of these riders. This game is simply destined for doom with this calender.

Hmm, hard to say, but I don't agree. Yes, a lot of people will train a climbing generation. So the few who don't will get a lot of points in those other races, while in the mountain races points are hard to get.

In the current game you need a balanced team to get to the first division, in the new game you need a balanced team to get to the first division. Only the balance is different. That in itself does not kill the game. And it makes for interesting starting options once we start again.

Vos

• SP0RTLIFE (1A) - - - Australia u21
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2018, 05:17:39 am »
The new game has big improvements, that is very positive.
About the racing calendar ;
it is a new game, so adapt and don't compare it with the old game.
For those who need to compare it with something, better compare it with real cycling.
But keep in mind ;
In the new game there will be a different racing calendar each season.
And if 100 people were asked to make a CFF racing calendar, no doubt there would be 100 different ones.

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2018, 08:29:23 am »
This forum will be deleted because this server will be deleted.

@Themasterofcm This calendar and this game kill the game since a lot of time and without changesI planned close it in 2019 . I received and talk with a lot of people that let the game due fixed calendar and slow training.

New calendar has problems, sure, but never all specialities have same influence, never. In Cff1 every season I put manually a different calendar and at init of every season lots of post with no enought TT, not enough mountain-hills, not enough cobb-plain... always the same, for this I put a fixed calendar. I tried that everybody knows calendar and everyone has a long term plan.

At init in "Cff3" I have to do a lot of stages, using some of old races but with around 70-80% new races. Initial calendar has 200 races in database. I didn't check if in a tour too many mountain-hills, or no TT. I only tried a minimum balance. After I solve initial bugs, I received a good analytic of the new calendar thanks to some users and I tried to put in calendar some stages and quit others that put too many options % in some specialities.

I did 50 new stages and next calendar should be more variable although
I know that it will never please everyone because I have already lived it.

People can play or not, but my proposal is change to the new game and try if it works or not.
If we get some users and I see more activity I will continue ,
If my idea fails, the game will close, as if we continue with the current game.

I understand the annoyance for many to start from scratch, I understand the fear of change. I did not want to spend days and days programming for a hobby, losing my time of rest and family, but if I wanted to try to keep Cff alive I did not see another option after several years of descent.
Without you there is no game, so I think that these changes, although some may be more or less successful, the only thing they try is to make a game more dynamic, faster, less predictable and a tad less complex for the new players.

B.E-L

• kamikazepiloten
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2018, 02:00:40 pm »
My supporter ends at 26/11/2018 and of course i want to renew it to support the game. Will my supporter continue in the new game? Or will i have to buy supporter again?

combuijs

• Combuijs 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2018, 02:19:02 pm »
Today I have just renewed it. In osca we trust! And if it is not extended then it is a well deserved reward for trying to improve the game...

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2018, 05:55:50 pm »
My supporter ends at 26/11/2018 and of course i want to renew it to support the game. Will my supporter continue in the new game? Or will i have to buy supporter again?

All supports will be extended in new game , of course. Thanks for helping me.

B.E-L

• kamikazepiloten
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2018, 06:13:32 pm »
Ok great news  :)

Atalm93

• Averatalm NT-manager Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2018, 06:37:34 pm »
I agree with most of what you are saying @Themasterofcm.
I have decided to give the new game a go, and from what ive seen so far, it is as you say more toward GC and climber than what CFF2 is.
But, as Oska says, he has promised more variable forward in the new game than season 1.
Is it enough? No probably not to get a balanced calender, IMO, but I guess that is maybe not a goal in itself as I have understood it.
It is not a good thing as you say for a lot of riders, but I think most of the mentioned rider types will be some sort of a factor.
One rider type that for sure will be history is the pure hiller though (lost Plouay, WC, and all other races). This ryder type has not a single one day-race, and in season 1, not even a stage.

Can it be quite easily fixed though, without ruining to much of the variable calender, and be more balanced?
Yes, I think it could be much more balanced just by removing 1 tour, and adding 5 one-day races (primarily hill and sprint). It still will be few fixed races, and lot of new each season.
So in my opinion this will serve both considerations, but I understand that it may not be a goal in doing so.

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2018, 09:39:29 pm »
I have decided to give the new game a go, and from what ive seen so far, it is as you say more toward GC and climber than what CFF2 is.
But, as Oska says, he has promised more variable forward in the new game than season 1.
Is it enough? No probably not to get a balanced calender, IMO, but I guess that is maybe not a goal in itself as I have understood it.
It is not a good thing as you say for a lot of riders, but I think most of the mentioned rider types will be some sort of a factor.
One rider type that for sure will be history is the pure hiller though (lost Plouay, WC, and all other races). This ryder type has not a single one day-race, and in season 1, not even a stage.

Can it be quite easily fixed though, without ruining to much of the variable calender, and be more balanced?
Yes, I think it could be much more balanced just by removing 1 tour, and adding 5 one-day races (primarily hill and sprint). It still will be few fixed races, and lot of new each season.
So in my opinion this will serve both considerations, but I understand that it may not be a goal in doing so.

I tried to explain about primary calendar that only was made to start the beta.

A balanced calendar always is a goal but I know never it would be perfect for all because for someone maybe 5 pure hills races are enough but other want 8, other say 10,... and the same in every speciality. I read people that wants that a pure TT can win a top3 general classement and it is imposible .

As I said, I received a good info about this calendar and I make new stages to correct some problems that I find deleting 5 stages that repeat too much a speciality ( most of them mountain-hills) in same tour and adding as example 10 pure hills races, some of them should be in next calendar, but never a lot, because it is a sub-especiality, a bit of plain is required in a good number of races, and more plain in others.
6 are plain TT.
7 are plain cobblestones
5 are cobbles -hills
1 Hills-TT
3 Sprint-hills
2 Sprint-plain
4 plain-mont at end
5 pure mountain

I changed stages that has as example all plain and 4 section hills searching other that hill are in different section, or mountain pure or hills that have different sections.
In plain with mountain, or cobbles the same. In all these speciality is the same but you must use different tactic and % changed a bit.

Horace

• TeaMetal, proud member of Division 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2018, 07:21:39 am »
Can we keep the FAQ section, and the other pinned (Tools, mentoring, Starters Guide) sections of the Forum ?
I mean - do not delete them when moving to CFF3 forum.
Thanks

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2018, 08:01:33 am »
I hope pass to the new forum all posts that can be useful before starting.

Themasterofcm

• Kilometervreters - 3h
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2018, 03:33:33 pm »

I will give it a go as well, as I love this game too much, but I think that every change, except training, is the opposite of what the successfull online games are doing, as well as what human psychology needs.

There is almost no choices to be made any more, let alone tactical choices. There is no long term gratification anymore of winning the big tours or the WC, as these races are random, so you cannot train any rider specifically for these races. There are far less other things to focus on, as Oska got rid of a lot of extra's. And last but not least, as there is so much focus on GC riders, all the variety is gone, so the most lucky managers in the first season will dominate even more than Reekse already does right now.

But I have said all these things before, and Oska made up his mind, so I will keep quiet from now on.