Author Topic: Division 2a Lounge  (Read 30176 times)

levsim

Re: Division 2a Lounge
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2012, 05:23:55 pm »
But Randen in the final stage of PN, that result gets him on the podium of PN.

I'm exceptionally happy that he is not racing in 3a any more... ;D

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2012, 05:58:36 pm »
The rider like you discribe is a sprint-hill rider. For stages like Milaan-San Remo. For hills stages like this you need: Hills, downhill, stamina, aggressiveness and flat. Sprint only when the last section is flat. You need a rider that has a bronze hill icon, to finish top 20. I think skills like +-90 hills, and 50-60 for the other skills I named. If some skills are less then 50, other secundairy skills need to be better.

If you aren't getting the results you want for certain stages, you will need to get a rider from the transfermarket and sell some of the riders you have. The riders you allready have and aren't getting result (unless they are young and training 100%), simply aren't good enough. It's better to have 1 good rider, than 10 that struggle for place 30.

Your stages are still to come, take your bronze sprinter to tours with 2-3 sprint stages. He will finish top 10 at least.

Thanks Johnny.

I knew I was going to struggle some in the 2nd division, but I didn't think it would be this bad I guess. I really thought I could do some top 30 finishes and grab some points in the hill races that have just passed, so I guess I'm abit disheartened to see such poor results. I thought hills were my strength!  ;D

My team is generally pretty young, so there is hope for the future.  I'm really thinking of laying low and go into training mode for awhile. As for the transfer market, I am always on the lookout and I'm always looking to make some moves. I spent some big bucks on a couple of riders already but they havn't shown a great return yet, such as the rider I mentioned above. I definetly think these guys can do well here, or at least better than they have shown so far, so I am going to have to be alittle more patient. Train, train, train!

Bring on some sprints! :)

JohnnyQKuch

• CoureursDeFréjus (2c) - BC Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 06:20:21 pm »
But Randen in the final stage of PN, that result gets him on the podium of PN.

I'm exceptionally happy that he is not racing in 3a any more... ;D

I can believe that, he's a great tour rider. Last season Garrido and Ramirez were better (one and two years older I believe), but Randen started in more races. He shouldn't have rode the Vuelta, but a chance to win the individual ranking changed that. If he rode the WC Time Trial, the 120 points there would have made it so. A little mistake. This season he is going for the individual ranking u23. Hopefully Paris-Nice is a good reference, we will know more after the Giro.

You are doing pretty good at the moment, 5th place. Joining 2a next season?

Thanks Johnny.

I knew I was going to struggle some in the 2nd division, but I didn't think it would be this bad I guess. I really thought I could do some top 30 finishes and grab some points in the hill races that have just passed, so I guess I'm abit disheartened to see such poor results. I thought hills were my strength!  ;D

My team is generally pretty young, so there is hope for the future.  I'm really thinking of laying low and go into training mode for awhile. As for the transfer market, I am always on the lookout and I'm always looking to make some moves. I spent some big bucks on a couple of riders already but they havn't shown a great return yet, such as the rider I mentioned above. I definetly think these guys can do well here, or at least better than they have shown so far, so I am going to have to be alittle more patient. Train, train, train!

Bring on some sprints! :)

Don't lay low and train. It is possible to ride stages without losing health, all my climbers are training at 100% and ride to get experience. Because of that I lose 3-8 trainings per season. But they gain 5-10 experience. That's why a start every race with 5 riders, 4 of them may end in the bottom 5, that doesn't mather.

21 year old riders are young, 23 isn't young any more (only u23 training bonys). If riders don't get a bronze icon by age 23-24, they will rearly get good results ever (at this level, they can at divsion 3-4). If riders are close to a bronze icon, keep them and train at least until they have it. Otherwise sell them and buy, pull, scout, draft young riders (19 or 20 years). The stars at your team page are always a good reference. They refere to your best rider for a certain speciality, 4 stars = bronze icon (approximately). For division 2, 4 stars is good. So you have a good sprint, a reasonable hills and cobblestones. Most players train climbing or hills, so to get results there you need very good riders, that's probably why your hill riders had so much difficulty.

TeamSolex

• Training a NewGen with Dr._Andrei_Mikhailov
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 05:04:18 pm »
Remember you can pump the stimuli for a rider during races!
Such as better gear...
Your staff is all about bonus during a race. But what is best for the rider or your ambition in the long run: training or results?
Or try to use a helper for the best rider to make a jump in the final ranking  :P

levsim

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2012, 01:25:43 pm »
You are doing pretty good at the moment, 5th place. Joining 2a next season?

I have not decided that I want to be promoted to 2nd or not. I will know more after Giro. If I promote, I want to do that with 20k points at least.

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »
Hoooray! Some success! :)

I went hill/sprinter heavy for the Giro and placed 4 of my 5 riders in the top 30 in stage 1, with one coming in a nice 5th place. The 5th place rider was helped by a training camp. I have zero chance for a good overall, but there are 2 sprints to take here and a couple of hill races I could have a shot at, thats why I went in this direction. I was really hoping for a good start to this Giro, and I couldn't be happier. Might do OK in the TT as well. I'm still on the lookout for that great overall Tour rider.

Thanks for the help guys! ;)

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 05:12:50 pm »
Congrats to KTeamRC, chi and Reekse_Verkuhs for there great Giro GC finish! :)

Everyone reach there goals for the Giro?

Well, I feel very good about this tour and I surprisingly exceeded the goals I set. I went after good stage finishes in the two sprints, the TT and the hill stage and I came out very well in those races, especially the sprints, where I placed 4 out of 5 of my riders in (or very near) the top 20 in both. Would have loved to make the podium, but I feel good to get 5th in one. As for the GC, well, we won't go there! ::)

I do need a good all-arounder. I have a young rider that I hope will be ready by next season to be competitive.

So, lets hear from you guys!

ProSCycling

• Global Moderator
  • Pro-SCycling Cannondale | U21-DENMARK
    • View Profile
    • SCyclingUSA website
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 06:12:49 pm »
Not the best Generel result in the Giro, but I got a good result in the last mountain stage.

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 08:00:24 pm »
Not the best Generel result in the Giro, but I got a good result in the last mountain stage.

I noticed that S.

Want to trade one of your climbers for one of my sprinters? ;D

JohnnyQKuch

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2012, 03:17:36 pm »
What happened? I was 4th or 5th before I went on holiday. Now I am 3th and there is a gap of 2000 points between 5th and 6th place. Not good for me, because a only have good climbers. So in 1a I will have great difficulty. My plan was to sell my equipment and so end 6th or 7th. In the begin of the season I even thought, I would struggle to be 10th.

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2012, 05:59:07 pm »
Wow, I've clawed my way up to 20th place in the division.

I really wasn't expecting that, but my sprinters are really pulling me up now. No wins or podiums, but a few top 10's and alot of top 20's have gotten me here. We'll see if I can keep going up from here... :)

JohnnyQKuch

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2012, 04:19:49 pm »
The Tour de France is finished and Randen won it before Veldeman (chi) and Ritter (Reekse_Verkuhs). That makes it an incredible Tour for me. Vermeersch also finished 12th, that makes him second in the individual standings u23 after Randen, not bad for a 21 year old. Randen does even better, he is now leading the individual standings before Bolwinkel (KTeamRC) and Eesma (oriateam). And his result gets me the second place in the overall standings, after KTeamRC (who is just to strong for the rest) and before chi (we will fight untill Lombardije for that second place). So, I couldn't wish for a better Tour.

How did your riders do?

I saw TeamGiacomo with 3 riders in top 30 in the last stage. For the rest, I was pretty fixated on the Tour standings, so I missed a lot.

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2012, 09:14:43 pm »
Ouch!

A rough start to the Eneco Tour for me. I failed to make a top 30 in the first stage. I had high hopes for a top 20 GC finish here, which would have been my first, and very likely only, in any tour this season, but now I'm not so sure. This tour seemed taylor made for my team and I patiently waited for it all season so I could make a big (well, maybe not sooo big!) splash. Last season I won this tour in 3d! :o

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2012, 11:59:44 pm »
Well, season 7 started off pretty badly for TeamGiacomo, but once I got over the shock of how good some of the teams were here, I seemed to recover and have a half decent finish. But I'm still here! ;D

Any newbies to the division want to introduce themselves? :)

GMV

• GMV_Cycling, 2a
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 07:54:59 am »
Made my debut last night in 2a. Got a 15th place. Shows there is quite a gap between division 3 and 2. I'll take some time the first season to see the level and strengthen my team where necessary.