Author Topic: Division 2a Lounge  (Read 27681 times)

TeamGiacomo

Re: Division 2a Lounge
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2012, 06:45:04 pm »
Made my debut last night in 2a. Got a 15th place. Shows there is quite a gap between division 3 and 2. I'll take some time the first season to see the level and strengthen my team where necessary.

Welcome GMV!

No doubt there is a big difference between division 2 and 3. Some of my riders who were podium finishers in div. 3 never made a dent in div. 2. It was a scary beginning here! It took me quite awhile to get a 15th place, so you should feel good about that!

I hate these first few stages. If you don't score points, you quickly fall way back in the standing's, even into the dreaded red zone! But I have to remember that you can also move up quickly with a few good stages as well...

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 09:46:00 pm »
Yikes!

Is it just me or is the competition even harder than last season? After some early success, it has been one long dry spell for me... I need some sprints! :(

Reekse Verkuhs, you are just killing it this season! 8)

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2012, 01:44:12 am »
Does anyone else have a rider that you are just so disappointed with because just know should be scoring points, but he just doesn't?

I paid a nice amount for this rider, and he hasn't lived up to my expectations at all. I have what I feel are lesser riders outscoring this guy on daily basis. I don't get it. This guy should be a pretty darn good hill/sprinter IMO with these primary numbers and nice secondaries.

Stamina : 32   Sprint : 85   Climbing : 43
Flat : 66   Cobblestone : 59   Technique : 59
Downhill : 8   Hills : 87   Aggressiveness : 48
Time Trial : 8   Teamwork : 47   Experience : 17
Price :   Days left :   Stages raced : 13

So whats wrong with this guy? :(

ProSCycling

• Global Moderator
  • Pro-SCycling Cannondale | U21-DENMARK
    • View Profile
    • SCyclingUSA website
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2012, 02:07:40 am »
Yes I know the feeling, I wasted a lot of money on this guy thinking he would be good in Tours. But 16 races and 0 points so far  >:( maybe it's just me that are using him with bad tactics :)

Conrado Barriga   Age : 23   Wage : 804
Stamina : 47   Sprint : 11   Climbing : 94
Flat : 74   Cobblestone : 14   Technique : 12
Downhill : 79   Hills : 70   Aggressiveness : 57
Time Trial : 58   Teamwork : 35   Experience : 4
Price :    Days left :    Stages raced : 16

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2012, 02:27:44 am »
Yes I know the feeling, I wasted a lot of money on this guy thinking he would be good in Tours. But 16 races and 0 points so far  >:( maybe it's just me that are using him with bad tactics :)

Conrado Barriga   Age : 23   Wage : 804
Stamina : 47   Sprint : 11   Climbing : 94
Flat : 74   Cobblestone : 14   Technique : 12
Downhill : 79   Hills : 70   Aggressiveness : 57
Time Trial : 58   Teamwork : 35   Experience : 4
Price :    Days left :    Stages raced : 16

Well, sorry to hear that - but it's good to have company!

He does have some nice numbers. I would have expected him to do well in the mountains also, if not in the GC too. You were probably as excited to land him as I was to land my "superstar" hill/sprinter, only to be gutted with his results. I'm now trying totally different tactics with my guy. It can't hurt...

JohnnyQKuch

• CoureursDeFréjus (2c) - BC Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2012, 11:11:09 pm »
These riders are no winners for 2a, but you should be able to score points. Maybe your equipment isn't good? You should have at least 5*. Other things like a good staff, health and form is important. When you ride, you can use 12 skill points, calm=0, full=5.

For a hills-sprint he is good, but for a flat-sprint place 15-20 will be his max.

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2012, 05:48:09 pm »
These riders are no winners for 2a, but you should be able to score points. Maybe your equipment isn't good? You should have at least 5*. Other things like a good staff, health and form is important. When you ride, you can use 12 skill points, calm=0, full=5.

No, he certainly isn't a winner here, but he has a scant 23 points in 15 races! My equipment right now is all 5 star, with one 4 star. My staff is good, especially for single stage race, motivation and team spirit and my riders health and form is always at 100% for a race. And yeah, I do use 12 skill points. Like I mentioned previously, I have riders with lesser skills beating this rider regularly. It's frustrating, because I thought this rider was going to be the star of my team, instead he is the goat. :(

For a hills-sprint he is good, but for a flat-sprint place 15-20 will be his max.

This rider can't get a 15-20 in  hill/sprint, let alone a flat sprint! ;D

JohnnyQKuch

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »
Okay. Then you should experiment with your tactics. I also see no reason why he shouldn't be able to get better points.
Good luck.

WinterIsComing

• WiC - 2C | Sons of Anarchy - Class of XXXV
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2012, 09:28:05 pm »

I'm only a 3rd division team, but if I look at his stats, my assumption is that he lacks too much on his downhill stat to make a good impact on hill courses. His stamina isn't too good either. So if you ask me, he's got the stats on hill and sprint, but his secondary stats aren't really good. I'm sure there are better riders in 2nd division, as I know there are better ones in 3rd division as well.

JohnnyQKuch

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2012, 11:53:19 pm »
Okay, it's not a winner. But he should be able to score points in most hills-sprints. The rest of the secundairy stats are average.

ProSCycling

• Global Moderator
  • Pro-SCycling Cannondale | U21-DENMARK
    • View Profile
    • SCyclingUSA website
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2012, 08:32:09 pm »
By far the best result in 2a. Last stage of the Swiss Tour.

4º   George Ablett   24   SCyclingUSA   a 0 minutos 36sg
10º   Noah Rørvik   26   SCyclingUSA   a 0 minutos 48sg
14º   Cristian Adamsen   24   SCyclingUSA   a 1 minutos 0sg
21º   Conrado Barriga   23   SCyclingUSA   a 1 minutos 18sg

and GC.
13    Conrado Barriga   SCyclingUSA   a timer 3 minutter 44 sekunder    70   7500

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2012, 09:17:26 pm »
By far the best result in 2a. Last stage of the Swiss Tour.

4º   George Ablett   24   SCyclingUSA   a 0 minutos 36sg
10º   Noah Rørvik   26   SCyclingUSA   a 0 minutos 48sg
14º   Cristian Adamsen   24   SCyclingUSA   a 1 minutos 0sg
21º   Conrado Barriga   23   SCyclingUSA   a 1 minutos 18sg

and GC.
13    Conrado Barriga   SCyclingUSA   a timer 3 minutter 44 sekunder    70   7500

I just got done looking at the final standings (don't know why I did! ;D) and I saw your strong last stage. Great job! You finally had the big breakthrough. And Barriga proved himself to be a very capable GC finisher. That boy has a future in this sport! :)

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2012, 10:45:07 pm »

I'm only a 3rd division team, but if I look at his stats, my assumption is that he lacks too much on his downhill stat to make a good impact on hill courses. His stamina isn't too good either. So if you ask me, he's got the stats on hill and sprint, but his secondary stats aren't really good. I'm sure there are better riders in 2nd division, as I know there are better ones in 3rd division as well.

You know, you could very well be right about my riders lack of downhill skills. I didn't see it as being very necessary in hill racing. I saw downhill skills only being important in the climbing stages. Kind of dumb on my part. I'll have to get him working on some downhill and see what happens. Thanks for the help... :)

ERG

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2012, 03:16:11 pm »
Hello everyone, it was a long time. I think the same thing for your guy Giacomo, he has too bad downhill and stamina for being a star. I have the same problem with a guy that I have before.

It's the "Tour de France" now, and my best runner Basile Almiron is at the top of his form!! Good race!  ;)

Slasher

« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2012, 04:05:43 pm »
ALmiron is doing well :-)

I hope Bruseghin can also make a good result.