Author Topic: Ask anything  (Read 56547 times)

skunk

• Global Moderator
  • Aitzol Santiago, ganó tanto que no cabe en el HoF.
    • View Profile
Ask anything
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:40:32 pm »
Here you can ask about almost everything  :P
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:27:16 pm by skunk »

Sjiz

• TeamRolf - 1a
    • View Profile
Re: Ask anything
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:12:59 pm »
Maybe change the topic to Ask anything or something. I have always found doubts a strange topic title :P. And maybe add a link to the other topic so that all those questions dont get lost.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:27:25 pm by skunk »

skunk

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 02:29:32 pm »
OK, I've just change the title  ;).

The other topic is going to be deleted in a few days. That's the main reason for opening other topic. We need to increase the game performance and we're deleting older topics and topics with more than 1000 posts are being closed in order to delete them in a few days  ;).

RaboRuben

• 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 02:31:03 pm »
OK, I've just change the title  ;).

The other topic is going to be deleted in a few days. That's the main reason for opening other topic. We need to increase the game performance and we're deleting older topics and topics with more than 1000 posts are being closed in order to delete them in a few days  ;).
But there is a lot of useful info. in such topics...

Sjiz

• TeamRolf - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 02:34:36 pm »
Maybe on the Dutch forum we could open a new "koersen" "tranfermarkt" and "talenten" topic. Koersen has like 250 pages the others 120 or so.

skunk

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 02:36:36 pm »
Do you think someone is going to read the whole doubts thread?
It's a thread without any structure and it is almost impossible to find there something you're asking. In fact when you have a doubt you make another question instead of reading the whole thread.

We've the FAQ that have the most important questions answered  ;).

If you think that any thread shouldn't be deleted we can talk about it, but in my opinion the doubts thread isn't very useful. However osca rules  ;)

skunk

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 02:38:22 pm »
Maybe on the Dutch forum we could open a new "koersen" "tranfermarkt" and "talenten" topic. Koersen has like 250 pages the others 120 or so.

The dutch moderators know that they have to do this. However if you want you can also do it  ;)

JohnnyQKuch

• CoureursDeFréjus (2c) - BC Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 02:58:13 pm »
Do you think someone is going to read the whole doubts thread?
It's a thread without any structure and it is almost impossible to find there something you're asking. In fact when you have a doubt you make another question instead of reading the whole thread.

We've the FAQ that have the most important questions answered  ;).

If you think that any thread shouldn't be deleted we can talk about it, but in my opinion the doubts thread isn't very useful. However osca rules  ;)

I agree. Not all information should be saved. But I'll try to save some. Like this post of Pantani. I think, I will need it at the end of the season.

Imagine that your rider has been in a training camp and he has finished his bonus before the stage 104 (it is vital that he had already finished his bonus before this stage), you can send your rider again to a training camp (if you want to do it). He would start the training camp again but his bonus won't take effect until the following season.

(Etapa = Stage)

Etapa 104   Etapa 1   Bealach Challenge
Etapa 105   Etapa 2   Melbourne Classic
Etapa 106   Etapa 3   Het Volk
Etapa 107   Etapa 4   Kuurne B Kuurne
Etapa 108   Etapa 5   Nokere Koorse Nokere
Etapa 109   Etapa 6   Monte Paschi Eroica
Etapa 110   Etapa 7   GP Zottegem
Etapa 111   Etapa 8   Paris Niza
Etapa 112   Etapa 9   
Etapa 113   Etapa 10   
Etapa 114   Etapa 11   
Etapa 115   Etapa 12   
Etapa 116   Etapa 13   GP le Samyn
Etapa 117   Etapa 14   Tirreno Adriático
Etapa 118   Etapa 15

Be aware that despite the fact that you sent him the previous season, he benefits the bonus in the current season and you can't send him to a training camp again. (You would be able to send him after the stage 104 if you liked)

Sjiz

• TeamRolf - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 03:12:17 pm »

The dutch moderators know that they have to do this. However if you want you can also do it  ;)

Hehe, no. If its something the moderaters know they should do it :P I'm not a moderator, just a simple user.

skunk

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 03:18:04 pm »
OK Johnny, what we can do is to include that information in the FAQ. So everybody can write here what info they want to store, and then we'll think how to include it in the FAQ section  ;)

Thorin

• Global Moderator
  • Larga vida a Sacroux y NOFX. Matterhorn rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 03:21:15 pm »
I have to finnish the FAQ.

The last FAQ dissapeared, but oska found some of the posts. I have them on my email, so I will try to write all of them again ;)

RaboRuben

• 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 08:12:31 pm »
The site seems very slow. But stranger, some pictures of the races don't work anymore.

Examples from the calendar:

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 08:26:39 pm »
Updates make site slower in high users activity. It is a risk but for quit always I have time.

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 09:51:04 pm »
Copied from the 'Doubts' thread, as I still have some follow-up questions;

Question: At what time is the weekly sponsor payment on monday? I'm trying to figure out what went wrong tonight, as I spent almost 7 million on a 29-year old rider I didn't want.  :-\

I assumed that I changed my bid into an amount of cash I couldn't pay, due to the fact that I signed in some riders for last night's race afterwards, but this morning I found out that I got some extra cash before the transfer window was open and I was able to make the transfer. Now I'm stuck with a rider I didn't want and I'm without any cash left.

I thought that the sponsor payment was made at the same time (9am) as the weekly salaries have to be paid, but I think I made a costly mistake there, which ends all my aspirations for this season in 2nd division before even 1 race was done. :-[

On the positive side: at least I have made another manager (CyclingKRC) very happy with that transfer, lol ;)

Osca's response:

Weekly income is at 9:00 . Same time salaries are paid and supporters save their skills and finances.

If that's the case, is there anything else I have been missing? I'm 99% sure I've triple-checked the amount I bid was higher than the amount of money I had on my bank account this weekend, after I signed up some riders for the first race. So, there must be a reason why I got a bit of money before the transfer window on 01:00 CET. I just don't see it. Can anyone clear this up for me, please?

If it's a stupid mistake by myself, I'm fully accountable. But if something went wrong with the bonus system or something like that, I'd like to know.

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 09:58:16 pm »
This system works perfect, it is the same since 2006, hehe.
If it has a mistake it would be for more teams and until now I never find a bug.
If you have the money and you are best big you get.
If you have in that moment 20 cyclists you don't get.

No more options.
Sometimes with international scout money can't change and people in your team too.
But system don't have any problem, sure.