Author Topic: SuGGestions 2.0  (Read 27347 times)

RaboRuben

• 1a
    • View Profile
Re: SuGGestions 2.0
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 04:16:04 pm »
I could really use an option to change the trainer speciality at a specific moment in the future. So in the current system of future training starting after a certain race (through the calendar) it would be great to add the option of changing the trainer speciality after that race.
So that when I set a rider to switch training from hills to sprint after for example race 90, I can also set the trainer speciality to change from hills to sprint at that same moment.
I hope it's clear what I mean.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:22:04 pm by RaboRuben »

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 12:05:36 am »
I could really use an option to change the trainer speciality at a specific moment in the future. So in the current system of future training starting after a certain race (through the calendar) it would be great to add the option of changing the trainer speciality after that race.
So that when I set a rider to switch training from hills to sprint after for example race 90, I can also set the trainer speciality to change from hills to sprint at that same moment.
I hope it's clear what I mean.

Updated

Aurora_Australis

• Team: Aurora_Australis
    • View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 12:05:50 pm »
I came up with this after taking a 2 second look at the Portuguese u23 NT thread.

My suggestion is for a recall option on a NT manager.

I know an argument against this is that voting managers should be more careful on who they give responsibility to, but I wonder whether this would discourage voting managers from giving non-elite managers a go.

Going on in addition to the suggestion, maybe a possible way would be if both of the other NT managers for the country recommended a recall, it'd get put to a 3-5 day vote.

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 12:19:54 pm »
Usually when a manager don't call cyclists 2 times I change it, after 1st time we notify him. And if users think a NT manager is using bad their options calling bad cyclists or friends cyclists staff and me can study their case to change the NT.

RaboRuben

• 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 12:25:58 pm »
With the option to check how shops would do for you, could you please add a check to actually opening a store?
"Are you sure you want to open this store?"

I just accidentally opened a foreign store instead of checking how it would do... bye bye 150.000 euro. :'(

tonitp

• Saint_Raphael
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 02:55:20 pm »
With the option to check how shops would do for you, could you please add a check to actually opening a store?

I just accidentally opened a foreign store instead of checking how it would do... bye bye 150.000 euro. :'(

+1  :-[

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 03:37:05 pm »

Fixed, now you have to confirm in other page.

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 10:46:36 pm »
In "View all the signed up cyclists" screen:

http://www.cyclingforfun.org/cff/nuevosinscr.php

How about little stats at the bottom which says how many bronze-silver-gold sprinters/climbers etc have signed up.

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 06:59:40 am »
This is a suggestion, not for something to be added, but be removed (yeah I know - strange).

I noticed that the weather for the entire season can be found on the "See the full calendar" page.

http://www.cyclingforfun.org/cff/totalcalendar.php

I don't believe we should be able to see the weather so far in advance.  Not only isn't this realistic, but more importantly it sets up too much micro-management demands; where managers will need to set up training camp schedules for the season, not only for the types of races, but also whether the weather will be suited to them.  This is in my view too much micro-management on the season.

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 08:27:07 am »
In "View all the signed up cyclists" screen:

http://www.cyclingforfun.org/cff/nuevosinscr.php

How about little stats at the bottom which says how many bronze-silver-gold sprinters/climbers etc have signed up.

I can't do that because count it will do the process very slow .

About put the climate, I understand you but other managers thought it is a good advance .
I would like hear more people about this option.

RaboRuben

• 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 10:06:57 am »
Not a big fan of it, purely because it is unrealistic. I would even say the weather should only be visible on the race day itself (so also not in the coming races screen). It should be a matter of luck, as it is in real life.

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 10:10:58 am »
The problem is that showing old stages, as we don't store climate, when we show old stages of other seasons you see climate in new.

To avoid some people see the climate of this mode, I only can or not show climate in old stages ( as the page is the same that stages in this season is a problem) or allow all people know climate.

RaboRuben

• 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »
No climate in old stages I would say then.

EPOglucidos

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 12:19:39 pm »
Not a big fan of it, purely because it is unrealistic. I would even say the weather should only be visible on the race day itself (so also not in the coming races screen). It should be a matter of luck, as it is in real life.

+1

Timidus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 12:35:00 pm »

+1
I personally completely disagree. I like being able to plan a few days ahead, and changing this would only benefit the teams that are a lot online - I like that I can actually plan 3-4 days ahead, and not checking anything meanwhile and still get the best possible ressults. Not everything in a game should be completely realastic - this would be too random (even in real life, you would obviously know way before wether it was a possible 20+ degree day or a frosty day - and rain or wind would only come as a big surprise on raceday very rarely)

It would also devaluate the weather icons quite a bit - wether that's good or bad, I don't know :-)