Author Topic: SuGGestions 2.0  (Read 27348 times)

Sjiz

• TeamRolf - 1a
    • View Profile
Re: SuGGestions 2.0
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 01:10:15 pm »
Not a big fan of it, purely because it is unrealistic. I would even say the weather should only be visible on the race day itself (so also not in the coming races screen). It should be a matter of luck, as it is in real life.

+1
I personally completely disagree. I like being able to plan a few days ahead, and changing this would only benefit the teams that are a lot online - I like that I can actually plan 3-4 days ahead, and not checking anything meanwhile and still get the best possible ressults. Not everything in a game should be completely realastic - this would be too random (even in real life, you would obviously know way before wether it was a possible 20+ degree day or a frosty day - and rain or wind would only come as a big surprise on raceday very rarely)

It would also devaluate the weather icons quite a bit - wether that's good or bad, I don't know :-)

You were always able to see what kind of weather it is going to be when signing up 3-4days in advance. The stages you can sign riders up for and set tactics have always shown the weather. It just wasnt possible to check what kind of weather it was going to be at Lombardia when we just started the season.

Aurora_Australis

• Team: Aurora_Australis
    • View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 07:08:58 pm »
From Ask Anything:
Now on sundays we will have draft races to get all you more info about young cyclists
I'm curious on this.  My understanding on no races on Sunday is to allow those who wish a clear free day without needing to log onto CFF.  Would this be a bit counter to that?
@Australis Sunday we have Nt races and cup. I think draft is no as important, but I like hear all your opinions about this. At moment nobody said me anything negative and it is better know more. For me easy to quit, but ay moment I don't see most of players want to quit. Talk in suggestions your ideas about it.

Sunday had always been a free day, where players didn't need to worry-care about CFF.  Now I know many of us do log-on on Sunday, but up to now it hasn't been any need to do so.

NT race selections can be done Saturday after 7:00am (after last training before) without any possible cyclist skill to tactics mismatch, and its the same with Cup races.  There's no need to log-on live, and seeing the results can wait until Monday.  Supporter's races are an optional feature which doesn't affect the rest of the game, and can also be completed Saturday.

So up to now, there's been no real requirement to log-on on Sunday.

This Sunday draft races changes this.  Of course you could decide to skip the Sunday draft races, but this would put you at a game disadvantage.  Yes it's technically only a couple of minutes, but having a full clear day without needing to go on is good & healthy, both in body, and in game freshness.

PS: A minor reason is also that the draft has always been about making intelligent gambles with limited information.  You gain much by a combination of draft race results & star ratings.  Would Sunday really offer that much?

Sjiz

• TeamRolf - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2014, 07:12:30 pm »
Im not in huge favor of draft on sunday. The benefit is that all people who follow the draft know one bit more information. The downside is you may make people feel obligated to also have to log in on sunday. I can imagine people may feel unhappy about it. For me it doesnt really matter though. Although i like the feel of a "free" day.

Also: please bring back the races from 19:00 till 20:00(like cff live is) and only seeing the last section at 20:00. Still think that people would discuss the races more. An hour worth of fun on the chat and forum per race seems like a good thing to me.

konex1977

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2014, 11:07:49 pm »
perhaps adding injury will be a good idea

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 11:20:51 pm »

Chisss, you could be killed .

Hehe, welcome.

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 11:57:50 pm »
Chisss, you could be killed .
Hehe, welcome.
Thou touch my cyclist's health in vain..., or something like that.

Not saying I agree with this, but the suggestion would need improving on; because you can't have somebody making their selections for the next 4 races, only to find out the next time they log-on that 2 of their cyclists were injured prior to 3 of those races.

Ok, to improve the suggestion, I can see two ways.  Either an injured cyclist can't sign up for new races, or the effects (if performance loss) would start after the already signed up races have been completed.  Or to account for the problems with a 15? (haven't counted) race signup, maybe a scheduled layoff beginning 15 racedays into the future.
Of course, those who take cyclists to training camps are most likely to object to any version of this idea.

Actually, I can't see any version of this, but maybe I'm wrong.

TeamSolex

• Training a NewGen with Dr._Andrei_Mikhailov
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2014, 02:45:09 am »
No serious injuries in this game. Only injures which can be shaken off or fixed with a water sponge and cool spray.

The current luck factor(incl tweaks) are allready sufficient when the competition is so close.

antoo

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2014, 04:59:58 pm »
I also find that missing injuries to make the game more exciting

And i have an other idea :
I think the Class D race don't have much interest,  and young cyclists don't take part in enough races.
I propose to spend half (there are 22 so 11) racing category D U23 (only for cyclists under 23 y o).
That will reward the formative teams.
What do you think about my idea ?

Sorry for my english :D

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2014, 05:28:37 pm »
I think the Class D race don't have much interest,  and young cyclists don't take part in enough races.
I propose to spend half (there are 22 so 11) racing category D U23 (only for cyclists under 23 y o).
U23 cyclists have the same opportunities to race as any others.  I've had 20 year olds take around 1000 points in div 3, a 21 year old winning races, and a different 22 year old win category A & small tour stages.
My Aaron Finley (age 22) has 43 experience.

And with Category D races not having so much interest, it means weaker teams have more opportunities to score points in those races.

Thorin

• Global Moderator
  • Larga vida a Sacroux y NOFX. Matterhorn rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2014, 05:32:33 pm »
U23 cyclists have the same opportunities to race as any others.  I've had 20 year olds take around 1000 points in div 3, a 21 year old winning races, and a different 22 year old win category A & small tour stages.
My Aaron Finley (age 22) has 43 experience.

And with Category D races not having so much interest, it means weaker teams have more opportunities to score points in those races.

+1

TeamSolex

• Training a NewGen with Dr._Andrei_Mikhailov
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2014, 04:31:00 am »
TeamSolex are happy to reveal new german sponsor. The huge elevator manufactor..

Der Fahrstuhlmannschaft TeamSolex (Spain: equipo ascensor) has been going up and down for some seasons now. To ease the work for many teams each season would it be possible to add a red or green arrow at teams who have been promoted or relegated to a new division at the team classification page?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:37:08 am by TeamSolex »

RaboRuben

• 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2014, 10:20:12 am »
Could the staff list keep on updating this weekend between the seasons? (or does it already?) I think that would be very useful with probably lot of people looking for new staff members.

Oh, and i am strongly against adding injuries to the game. I don't train a rider for many years in real life just to see him being injured at the moment supreme.

Sjiz

• TeamRolf - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2014, 11:10:22 am »
Already updates every 4 hours. A selection of the staff changes, not all.

RaboRuben

• 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2014, 01:25:33 pm »
Maybe it would be nice to have achievements and perhaps also icons on the teampage of National team-managers for certain victories in the NT-races (for example when you have 5 stage victories or when you won the country classification)?

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2014, 04:46:00 pm »
Maybe it would be nice to have achievements and perhaps also icons on the teampage of National team-managers for certain victories in the NT-races (for example when you have 5 stage victories or when you won the country classification)?

Remember me it when I update achievements ;) I ask all you for suggestion but I try update suggestion with a good pack because it is better send a pack with 40-50 achievements to translate than send to staff 8-10 times.