Author Topic: SuGGestions 2.0  (Read 35735 times)

Aurora_Australis

• Team: Aurora_Australis
    • View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
Re: SuGGestions 2.0
« Reply #615 on: November 14, 2017, 12:07:05 am »
Before I come to my suggestion:
In the Spanish suggestion thread, they were talking about the troubles with several NT nationalities being dead in the water.  In it, there were several suggestions.

* That just before the race, where selections haven't been made, the computer automatically selects 9 cyclists and sets tactics.
Personality, whilst I like aspects to it, I don't think it'll be good, because this will end up the human interaction with NTs, which will diminish it's value & interest.

* That several CFF nations should either merge, or be swapped with nations that have a better possibility of success.
The merging, well ok, although not to the extent suggested, and not with some of the CFF nations suggested.  It should only be those nations that will never be able to attract interest.
The swapping of nations that are dead, with those that could attract interest, simply makes good sense.

-------------

Ok, to my suggestion.
In a bid to generate a little interest in people going to smaller CFF nations, I'd like to suggest a small bonus for those teams that finish 1st in each CFF nation's rankings.  Or maybe top 3.  I wouldn't suggest a large bonus; maybe $150k, $70k, $30k or something.

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #616 on: November 27, 2017, 10:26:00 pm »
Suggestion : Change Nationality.
That those in nations with more than 100 members in the top 3 divisions are able to change nationalities without a change of nationality card, but only to a nation with fewer than 30 members in the top 3 divisions (also maybe also excluding div 1 teams).

BetisCFF

• BetisCFF 1A
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 28, 2017, 08:47:07 pm »
Suggestion : Change Nationality.
That those in nations with more than 100 members in the top 3 divisions are able to change nationalities without a change of nationality card, but only to a nation with fewer than 30 members in the top 3 divisions (also maybe also excluding div 1 teams).

+1 Good suggestion ;)

Vos

• SP0RTLIFE (1A)
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 28, 2017, 09:19:08 pm »
also +1, good suggestion, AA.
I won such a card a few weeks ago, but for now I m happy in little CFF country Australia  8)
But if another country wants to contract me to become NT manager there and wants to pay my salary of 100 million, let me know  ;)  :))

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #619 on: January 21, 2018, 11:08:01 pm »
Another suggestion.
I know we seem to be having trouble getting new players onto the site to play (seems to be a sudden problem lots of similar game have [maybe only cycling - don't think last year's RL cycling events helped the image of the sport]).  However, for those who are starting, I'd like to suggest for following.

The primary stat of the new team's starting cyclists be between 80 & 90.
The overall stat points of these cyclists be a maximum of 480.

This is no better than a half decent 20 year old cyclist of course, and new team's starting cyclists are in their mid twenties; so they still aren't very good.  However, it would give them just enough to start with, cyclists able to (somewhat) race & not be dead last, and maybe a higher ratio of new managers will stick around.

WVAchteruit

• Divisie 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 27, 2018, 09:13:28 pm »
also +1, good suggestion, AA.
I won such a card a few weeks ago, but for now I m happy in little CFF country Australia  8)
But if another country wants to contract me to become NT manager there and wants to pay my salary of 100 million, let me know  ;)  :))

Late reply, but I was thinking. The nice thing about national teams is that it is connect to some national pride. If I am right the most players are Spanish, so maybe to keep the national pride, but get different national teams, maybe split the biggest countries in different regions?

Horace

• TeaMetal, proud member of Division 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 28, 2018, 10:45:32 am »
Suggestion: in each teams transfers' page - how about making also visible something like "Most recent 10 transfers" or "Transfers during the last 3 months" or "Transfers this season".(in addition to the current "Most expensive transfers").
Right now, it is only "Most expensive transfers", which for old teams means riders transferred in 2014-2016-2016, or even earlier. Not entirely relevant...

Horace

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 12, 2018, 08:12:48 am »
In the Rider ranking
http://www.cyclingforfun.org/cff/indi2.php
highlight those as "for sale" and "waiting for offers. This is already visible in the Team page http://www.cyclingforfun.org/cff/team.php?userid=1670

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 12, 2018, 08:03:07 pm »
In the Rider ranking
http://www.cyclingforfun.org/cff/indi2.php
highlight those as "for sale" and "waiting for offers. This is already visible in the Team page http://www.cyclingforfun.org/cff/team.php?userid=1670

Updated.

Horace

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 14, 2018, 12:25:47 pm »
Nice, thanks a lot! ;)

WinterIsComing

• WiC - 1a | Sons of Anarchy - Class of XXXV
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 15, 2018, 03:55:29 pm »
Suggestion:

Make it possible to 'unselect' favourite cyclists (supporter option) by more than 1 at a time, by adding checkboxes so you can select more cyclists, before deleting. You need to scroll and select a lot if you have a list of older cyclists you are not interested in anymore.

tpfrier1975

• Frier Accounting (2b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 22, 2018, 07:00:11 pm »
How about adding to the Transfer List and Waiver Wire what division that the rider is currently in?

Telamon

• Argonautjes 2A
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 23, 2018, 07:39:24 pm »
Make the taxes more realistic.

I have 26M right now. I have to pay 15% tonight = 4M
If I throw away 1M right now I will pay 10% taxes = 2.5M

That is ridiculous!

WinterIsComing

• WiC - 1a | Sons of Anarchy - Class of XXXV
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 23, 2018, 09:02:47 pm »

That is ridiculous!

Just buy a few sets of equipment...  ;)

But true, could be improved. Don't know if it's hard to program though.

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #629 on: March 23, 2018, 10:12:10 pm »
That is ridiculous!
Just buy a few sets of equipment...  ;)
But true, could be improved. Don't know if it's hard to program though.
An easy, cheats way to do the calculation would be
If <1 mllion = $0
If 1 million to 10 million = 7% - $70k
If >10 million to 25 million = 10% - 370k (note tax at 10m would be 0k + 630k [7% * 9m])
etc