Author Topic: 3rd Division: Stars are born from stardust too  (Read 2275 times)

Dirk

• boertjies (inactive) OffTheFront (active)
    • View Profile
    • a
Re: 3rd Division: Stars are born from stardust too
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 05:05:14 pm »
Ok, I see no 4th division so I will just post here.
I am pleasantly surprised by the number of active teams in div 4a3.
40 riders signed up for the next race!
4a2 have only 10 and 4a1 have no riders signed up.

tpfrier1975

• Frier Accounting (2b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 03:24:15 pm »
I just posted a question about this in Ask Anything.  Was looking at Div 4 myself.

tpfrier1975

• Frier Accounting (2b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 05:18:51 am »
Well, it's looking like my time in Div 3 will be short lived.  With only 6 teams entering races, even if my guys finish 26 through 30 every race, I will still finish in 5th place at season end.  These other guys don't care much about Experience so they are not entering races or if they are, they are setting efforts to full for each section ensuring that their guys tank.  I might be earning more in Div 3, but I am better off in Div 2 where more guys care about their teams.  Such a shame.

Aurora_Australis

• Team: Aurora_Australis
    • View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2018, 07:51:00 am »
Ah yes, Div 3g.  We should trade Div 3 groups.  Div 3c has 26 teams with points, 16-20 teams most races.

tpfrier1975

• Frier Accounting (2b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 01:11:14 pm »
We've got 17 teams with points.  There are 9 "active" teams, but only 6 enter at any one time.

How do I switch???    ;D

Dirk

• View Profile
    • a
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 03:55:17 pm »
You are right to complain tpfrier as I complaint also to other managers about this weak division.
Something should be done, I thought of messaging Osca.
I started a new team (since my old team got de-activated) and cash is quite important to me (I will sacrifice a bit of experience to stay in Div3) at this stage in order to supplement my team with quality talents.
My team is younger (except for one free rider which I cannot sell yet and thinking of sacking) and poorer than yours and I hope you understand why I play the way I play.
I know it must suck for you to be promoted back to Div2 also. It would be better if TeamSophia gets promoted but that Managers seems to be holding back.

Perhaps Osca should reshuffle the active teams in Div3, or just redirect some promoted teams from Div4 to those divisions with less active divs.
This all sounds like abit of work which I doubt Osca will have time for.
3b,3f and 3i seems to be in the same situation as we are.

At least we have 44 riders enterred for the TdF
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:33:08 pm by Dirk »

Aurora_Australis

• Team: Aurora_Australis
    • View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 10:11:05 pm »
An easier way to sort it out which would also fix Div2 problems, would be to reduce the number of teams in Div2.  The lower portion of Div2 simply aren't up to Div2 standard.  Fifteen fewer teams in Div2 means five more active teams in each Div3 group, plus means a slightly better income balance between the divisions, plus fewer teams not ready for Div2 promoting (and then quitting because they hit a brick wall).

Dirk

• View Profile
    • a
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 10:29:55 am »
Agreed, Promoting e.g. 3 teams instead of 5 to Div2 might be the easiest fix.

tpfrier1975

• Frier Accounting (2b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 06:46:32 pm »
Hey Dirk.  I fully understand why you are doing what you are doing and would love to do it myself (would like to see you guys make it less obvious...using Calm instead of Full efforts).  I was actually lucky to be in Div 3 this season as I dropped to 61st in the last week of Season 37.  I'm in a different situation than you.  I have plenty of funds as I sold all of my older riders to restart my team.  My preference is to gain the experience as I know down the road it will be beneficial.  When I get to Div 2 next season I highly doubt I will score any points, but that is fine.  It will be a few seasons before I will be good enough in Div 2.

As for changing the number of teams in Div 2 and 3, it would take Osca quite a bit of work to make that change and I know he doesn't have that kind of time.