Author Topic: Australia: ABS Season 32  (Read 1582 times)

Aurora_Australis

• Team: Aurora_Australis
    • View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
Re: Australia: ABS Season 32
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 01:09:48 pm »
We can do it, after all...
Australia: Where our cuddly creatures are so vicious, people choose to tackle a crocodile instead.

Quote: "The theft captured national media attention after The Morning Bulletin reported the thieves were initially believed to have been after a cuddly koala, but when the koala fought back, they went for the croc."
https://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/horror-end-to-mans-bizarre-rocky-croc-crime/3176323/
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:36:18 pm by Aurora_Australis »

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2017, 09:12:17 pm »
Last week, Gary Fletcher came in 6th in the hillsprint race.

This week in the flat cobble race, a good team result with a 4th place for Stewart Hamsten and a 5th place for Colin Johnston. Fraser Furey contributes 10 points as well.

Overall, we are in 2nd place, trailing 310 points behind the Danish National Team, that has been pretty dominant the last couple of seasons. 3 More races to go, all with a good amount of climbing.

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 09:16:48 am »
In the climb/hill race, things looked very good after the 3rd section. Unfortunately for us, too many cyclists were able to get back in the 4th (flat) section, which is not always the case in NT-races. Well, we finished 9th with Dixon, which is neither great nor really bad.

Still on track for the silver medal in the nation's rankings, behind Denmark.

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 11:33:50 pm »
The selection is made and the tactics are set for this season's final race.

This season has gone really fast, in my opinion, geez...

Is there anyone who is willing to be candidate to take over the managing role of the NT? I feel I cannot be as active as I wanted to be on the forum anymore to create some buzz around the National Team.

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2017, 04:57:48 am »
Is there anyone who is willing to be candidate to take over the managing role of the NT? I feel I cannot be as active as I wanted to be on the forum anymore to create some buzz around the National Team.
If there's noone else, I'll consider taking the U21 position, providing I have a guarantee of somebody to take over if my court proceedings interfere before the end of the season.

Vos

• SP0RTLIFE (1A) - - - Australia U21
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2017, 09:50:17 pm »
Very good 2nd place in this last race, WiC !
Also congratulations with the 2nd place in the Ranking by Countries, well done !  8)

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2017, 09:55:36 pm »
We finish 2nd again, both in the final race and in the Nations' ranking. Congrats to Denmark, who win for 3rd time in a row. We have a great generation, but Solex and Denmark has beat us fair and square. They have an even better generation/manager.  :)

See you all next season.  8)

Edit: thx Vos.  :D

Franky

• \_(ツ)_/
  • Global Moderator
  • ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2017, 08:07:47 am »
We finish 2nd again, both in the final race and in the Nations' ranking. Congrats to Denmark, who win for 3rd time in a row. We have a great generation, but Solex and Denmark has beat us fair and square. They have an even better generation/manager.  :)

Great season guys! Congrats for the 2nd place!

In my last season as NT UK I've finished 3rd!!  ;D ;D

I'm booking my flights to arrive to Wollongong next Monday...  :P

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2017, 08:25:28 am »

:D

We welcome you, Sir Franky.

And congrats with the win in the last race, which got you to the podium. Great stuff.  :)

Franky

• \_(ツ)_/
  • Global Moderator
  • ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2017, 10:48:07 am »

:D

We welcome you, Sir Franky.

And congrats with the win in the last race, which got you to the podium. Great stuff.  :)

Meh, wasn't a good race in fact. Greg was alone all the race, without a helper, but he was very very good for this stage, and with the help of having to weather icons, sun and wind... too easy to win with him.

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2017, 10:30:26 pm »
Just a reminder, if somebody active wants to be one of the minor NT managers next season, I'll be happy to withdraw or change my nomination (particularly with my court case still coming).

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2017, 10:41:22 pm »
Just a reminder, if somebody active wants to be one of the minor NT managers next season, I'll be happy to withdraw or change my nomination (particularly with my court case still coming).

Same goes with the 'major' NT. I applied, but only because there still was noone else. Happy to step down, or switch to a 'junior' team if someone else wants to take the elite NT.

Franky

• \_(ツ)_/
  • Global Moderator
  • ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2017, 07:44:22 am »
haha, I think that I can't be NT manager in the first season, but even that, I want to rest of that position a few seasons...and I think that is happening the same to Chris

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2017, 07:58:15 am »
haha, I think that I can't be NT manager in the first season, but even that, I want to rest of that position a few seasons...and I think that is happening the same to Chris

No problem Franky, you can take your time and settle first. Is Chris coming over to Australia as well?

And I see that we have a candidate in all selections for next season, so that is great :)

TeamSolex

• Training a NewGen with Dr._Andrei_Mikhailov
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2017, 08:09:59 am »

No problem Franky, you can take your time and settle first. Is Chris coming over to Australia as well?

And I see that we have a candidate in all selections for next season, so that is great :)

Haven't seen so many people flip since Glasnost  ;D

It is always difficult for people to find time over the summer.