Author Topic: Australia: U23 Season 33  (Read 1056 times)

Vos

• SP0RTLIFE (1A) - - - Australia U21
    • View Profile
Re: Australia: U23 Season 33
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 10:59:02 pm »
Well done with the podium finish. :)
+1  8)
and good previews, AA.

Puertollano Team

• En tercera
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 04:45:46 pm »
I am here to say that bud sheehan is in my team now ;D so yo can count in me

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 09:00:05 pm »
I am here to say that bud sheehan is in my team now ;D so yo can count in me

Nice, Puertollano! Always good to know that our youngsters are trained well at their teams.  :)

Puertollano Team

• En tercera
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 09:37:04 pm »
For now hills to 80 or 75 and next we will see but mountain will be in 100 but for now hills :D

Aurora_Australis

• Team: Aurora_Australis
    • View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 02:23:50 pm »
Race 9

Selections
Cliff Bird   CessiApedali   22
Ethan Winger   Estoparia   22
Duke Owen   CyclingRuddervoorde   21
Gus Williams   Rekutxu   19
Btw, it's Winger hoping to cling at the back of a fast group, with maybe a miracle will happen and a domestic might scramble to stay in the same group up to third section, plus a 19 year old seeing what u23 NT cobbles is like.  Oh, and five hopefully future team leaders will be coming along for a ride on the Autobus.

Scott Pierre   TeamRolf   21
Ted Foxxe   Argonautjes   21
Todd Coburn   Godojeños   20
Isaiah Pocock   Guapis   19
Darvin Alpin   Guapis   19

Prospects
We know that USA is claiming their 21 year old's GV is better than Ethan Winger, but hopefully there isn't too many talented young cobblers around and we can get a top 15, even without domestics (domestics probably won't last 1 section - who would have been his domestic decided to go to trade school instead).

Results
Position   Name   Age   Time behind   Points
3rd   Ethan Winger      22   0: 19"   225      Estoparia
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:59:35 am by Aurora_Australis »

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 12:15:16 pm »
Very good tactical race, AA, and also a very good result (3rd), well done  8)
Hopefully also a good last stage, it is very close in the ranking by countries. Good luck !

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 12:09:51 pm »
Hopefully also a good last stage, it is very close in the ranking by countries. Good luck !
Well, maybe lucky, plus Belgium clearly made an error in their tactics.  Plus an Estonian no-show.  There's several owners of 21 year olds who will be very happy with their cyclists right about now (especially Salpeters).

Last race, a victory is possible.  Btw: Won't be u23 manager next season.

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2017, 11:15:45 am »
Well, maybe lucky, plus Belgium clearly made an error in their tactics.  Plus an Estonian no-show.  There's several owners of 21 year olds who will be very happy with their cyclists right about now (especially Salpeters).

Last race, a victory is possible.  Btw: Won't be u23 manager next season.

I think I will have a shot at U23 next season. I've been in charge for the National Team for several seasons now, and I feel it's time for a new challenge  :)

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2017, 12:03:20 pm »
LOL, you really know when you want to be NT manager. The elite was very good the last few seasons, now it will be less good. And next season I think the u23 have an awesome generation. No wonder your results are good all the time  ;D

Perhaps I should aply for the u23 also, would be fun to have an election battle  8)
Probably we make history then, because it might be the first time in Australia^^
For now I m candidate of the u21, but be aware WiC, I might switch to the u23 under certain circumstances.

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2017, 12:47:17 pm »
LOL, you really know when you want to be NT manager. The elite was very good the last few seasons, now it will be less good. And next season I think the u23 have an awesome generation. No wonder your results are good all the time  ;D

Perhaps I should aply for the u23 also, would be fun to have an election battle  8)
Probably we make history then, because it might be the first time in Australia^^
For now I m candidate of the u21, but be aware WiC, I might switch to the u23 under certain circumstances.

Sorry to say, but you've got me wrong here.   8)

For the last 3 seasons, I've been asking around on the boards if anyone else wanted to have a shot at the NT. For 3 years, all other managers had reasons not to apply. But everyone has had the chance to get elected, as I wanted to step down way earlier than now. Sadly, noone applied.  :-\

I really had and still have no clue about next season's U23. It's just the only NT team I have never ever won a international race with. That's why I choose U23 above U21. Also, I think Australia still has got a lot of talent in the Elite categories. Enough to make a good impact in several races.

But, if there are 3 managers who really want to be NT manager, I will gladly step down and have a rest next season.  :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:49:20 pm by WinterIsComing »

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2017, 01:13:14 pm »
Don t take it seriously, WiC, I started with LOL and I for sure know your sacrifices for Australia and that you were elite NT manager because no one else wanted the job. So it is for sure fine by me, as a "reward", lol,  that you do the u23 and perhaps become champion.
Would be great after your too many (but excellent !) second places. Of course I could be wrong, and the u23 sucks next season because the competition is even better.

And I rather do the u21 anyway, because I was already u23 NT manager for 2½ seasons, before this season 33.
Also fine by me if others want to become NT manager, I will probably withdraw then. In the weekends it was very relaxed this season  :)

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2017, 01:25:13 pm »
Still, it would be fun to have an election battle and make Australian history   :))
This would mean also that there are candidates for the u21 and the elite and that would be very good. But that is doubtfull if you look at the past. And we will be the numbers 1 and 2 in the Australian ranking, so if I m not candidate you will be automaticly u23 NT manager if there are candidates for the u21 and the elite. I knew you don t mind if you will be NT manager or not, just like me, that s why I wrote that text. For sure not my intention to misunderstand you / get you wrong.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:29:07 pm by Vos »

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2017, 02:16:40 pm »
edit ; but my text looked a bit negative for an outsider/ random reader. I m aware of that now, and sorry about that.  :-*
So it is logical you reacted that way, so that the random reader will see it in better perspective.

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2017, 03:00:42 pm »
edit ; but my text looked a bit negative for an outsider/ random reader. I m aware of that now, and sorry about that.  :-*
So it is logical you reacted that way, so that the random reader will see it in better perspective.

Everything is cool, Vos.  :)  8)

I know how you meant it, no worries mate.  ;)

Aurora_Australis

• View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2017, 12:04:42 pm »
Race 10

Selections
Abraham Chapman   maneblussers   22
Brad Ashley   PWU   22
Bud Sheehan   PuertollanoTeam   22
Cody Dowden   Casualflap   22
Gus Kellman   Bartali_ProCyclingTeam   22
Nick Hines   CC_MANICOMICOS   22
Ben Embley   TeamRolf   21
Nate Simpson   TeamRolf   21
Scott Pierre   TeamRolf   21

Prospects
Seeing other u23 teams prospects (for instance USA claiming GV 3 points higher than our leader), I'm no longer positive about winning, or even a podium; however if all goes well, we may still get plenty of points from several cyclists.

Results
Position   Name   Age   Time behind   Points
1st   Abraham Chapman      22   0: 00"   300      maneblussers
17th   Brad Ashley      22   0: 46"   40      PWU

Probably worried too much.  Also maybe lucky enough to have the correct domestic for section 4.  Good to end the season with a win.
Farewell for now, and we welcome the new u23 manager for season 34.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:39:14 am by Aurora_Australis »