Author Topic: New in Australia? Tell us who you are!  (Read 242 times)

Telamon

• Argonautjes 2A
    • View Profile
New in Australia? Tell us who you are!
« on: June 17, 2017, 09:54:02 pm »
Time to tell eachother who is who in Australia.

Let's start with myself:

IRL: Teacher Economics and Math in Amsterdam. Father of three children
Cff: almost quited one year ago but the immigration to Australia postponed (?) that decision. Dont know what to do with my team so I became NT manager of U21 and started to pull and train Time Riders. My team is just for staying in division 2 and for making good Time Riders.
The goal is to make Australia great again!

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
Re: New in Australia? Tell us who you are!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 10:34:52 pm »
IRL: Working for a local government as a 'community development advisor'.

CFF: Been around since Season 7, started in native country Holland, but when we were winning all NT's for several seasons in a row, I decided to go abroad and join Australia in Season 27, trying to help build Australia into a CFF-nation to reckon with. I've been the manager of the elite cycling forces now for already 5 seasons (this will be my 6th), and due to a great generation of cyclists, we've already been on the NT podium 4 times now (bronze in S29, silver in S30, S31, S32).
We have set up a joint program to scout new draft cyclists together, which has proven to be a good way to get new quality Australian cyclists in the game.
Individually, I'm trying to get my team on to the podium of 1st division in this season.

Thorin

• Global Moderator
  • Larga vida a Sacroux y NOFX. Matterhorn rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 01:07:59 am »
Hello. I also live in the Netherlands but I'm swiss and I feel sorry for all the aussies.

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 06:52:14 am »
Hello. I also live in the Netherlands but I'm swiss and I feel sorry for all the aussies.

Still remember this one?  ;D

Your post made me remember.  ::)  ;)

Thorin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 09:27:04 am »

Still remember this one?  ;D

Your post made me remember.  ::)  ;)
;D ;D ;D

Aurora_Australis

• Team: Aurora_Australis
    • View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 09:51:46 am »
We Aussies can just send you a pic of our "winter" weather.  It's apparently going to be a chilly 22c in Brisbane on Thursday, how will we ever cope?  That's like your summer weather isn't it?  :P

Thorin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 10:20:35 am »
We Aussies can just send you a pic of our "winter" weather.  It's apparently going to be a chilly 22c in Brisbane on Thursday, how will we ever cope?  That's like your summer weather isn't it?  :P

Wow, you pick the wrong person for this. I love cold weather  ;D

I lived one year in Finland and I was really enjoying it  ;D ;D

Franky

• \_(ツ)_/
  • Global Moderator
  • ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 02:26:51 pm »
Hi all!!

I'm a QA Engineer working for a french company for goverments projects right now, but looking for a change, doing thousands of interviews...hahha. I will continue living in Madrid right now, but I had offers to move to almost any country in Europe (Dublin, Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Zurich, London, Barcelona...) but I rejected all of them. Also for comming to Sydney, but in that case, they rejected me, hahaha.

In CFF, i'm playing since CFF2, more or less 10 years ago. In CFF3 (the current one) I started on season 3 in 2A, always with a similar project: focusing in one single cyclist and creating a team around him. The latest and the best one in my history is Emidio Trindade and the next one could be Ken Shields.

p.s: Hi Thorin! my personal stalker  :D

Telamon

• Argonautjes 2A
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 03:48:13 pm »
Hopefully you both Will join our draftsheet. If so, Pm your mail address.

And besides that: send your scout to Australia and pull twice a day! Otherwise....  ::)

Aurora_Australis

• Team: Aurora_Australis
    • View Profile
    • Aurora_Australis
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 03:52:46 pm »
Wow, you pick the wrong person for this. I love cold weather  ;D
I lived one year in Finland and I was really enjoying it  ;D ;D
Cold & snow is nice in controlled conditions.  Real conditions, not so much.  But maybe I'm tainted on that, my sole adventure in real snow was being trapped near the top of a highland pass in Nthn Pakistan, the military on one side, angry civilians on the other, and a part of your brain is wondering whether somebody is going to do something stupid, and just how many vehicles would a bullet travel through before stopping, and if you're far enough back (and suspecting that vehicles probably wouldn't slow a bullet down too much).  And the problem of your feet being cold.