Author Topic: Australia: U21 S39  (Read 1755 times)

Vos

• SP0RTLIFE (1A) - - - Australia u21
    • View Profile
Re: Australia: U21 S39
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 01:58:29 pm »
Australia will conquer the TimeTrialWorld!

Vos drafted a new tt beast!  :o
Just one downside, Telamon, he is an American, not an Australian.

I followed him from the start of this draft period when there were no good Aussies yet.
And already within 6 days ( ! ) I had all his important skills, so I could drop him and follow 5 young Aussies.
Of course he was my first choice and almost everyday I looked what his results were, also impressive.
And I found out my very high bid was just a few thousend more than someone else was bidding.^^

edit ; he and the Australian TT supertoptalent you scouted/recruted are by far the best time trialists of the new generation.
Talent rating will decide who is going to be the best in the future u21 and u23 NT flat TT races.
And of course who is training the best in his team is (even more) decisive. Mutombo needs almost everytime 100% TT, just sometimes 100% flat or stamina because he is at 100 TT again, so Gus Donaldson is training pretty good in my team. Hopefully the same for Steven Laybutt, I assume CyKings trains also 100% TT.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 02:07:28 pm by Vos »

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 02:16:52 pm »
I can see there were a few very good Australian draft cyclists.
Also already this season 43 x 19yo Aussies, that is very impressive and I think way more than other seasons.
So the Australian future might look very bright.  8)

I will post the u23 lists tomorrow. And I read Dirk has a little bit of problems (or no time) to post the lists. But that is not a problem, it is a little effort for me to make u21 and u20 lists tomorrow as well when I m doing the u23 lists.
So send your scout to Australia, everyone ! Perhaps your cyclist will be proudly mentioned in one of the upcoming lists.  ;)

WinterIsComing

• WiC - 2C | Sons of Anarchy - Class of XXXV
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 03:40:11 pm »
I can see there were a few very good Australian draft cyclists.
Also already this season 43 x 19yo Aussies, that is very impressive and I think way more than other seasons.
So the Australian future might look very bright.  8)

I will post the u23 lists tomorrow. And I read Dirk has a little bit of problems (or no time) to post the lists. But that is not a problem, it is a little effort for me to make u21 and u20 lists tomorrow as well when I m doing the u23 lists.
So send your scout to Australia, everyone ! Perhaps your cyclist will be proudly mentioned in one of the upcoming lists.  ;)

Too bad your draft cyclist isn't Australian indeed.

I've had my share of new Aussie talent this season, was pretty lucky drafting/pulling a nice bunch of talents in different categories, such as pure climber (Les Odom), hillsprinter (Iverson), hillclimber (Bookout) and now a flathiller (Anderson). I'll try cobble riders next, as we already have a good TT-er ;)

Dirk

• boertjies (inactive) OffTheFront (active)
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 05:17:32 pm »
I just can't find an excel sheet which does the whole NT thing anymore. Feel free to post on my behalf in the meantime.

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 09:03:33 am »
Australia u21 = 90 cyclists

The next Australian generation

Australia u20 = 44 cyclists

Dirk

• View Profile
    • a
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 04:53:40 pm »

Results
I am very happy with the outcome. Luckily there was a split in Section 4 which was much to our advantage.
The tactics were changed too a conservative one closer to the race and this was the right move.

Pos   Name   Team Points
5   Elvis Seaman   Escapada    180
13   Barret Thompson   Escapada    90
18   Will Fagan   Escapada    30

We are still in first spot and now 90 points ahead of Columbia who scored 50 points less than Australia in this race. Columbia had riders in the 9th and 11th spot.
To bring this edit to the front.

Dirk

• View Profile
    • a
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 12:17:22 pm »
Race 5 - Laussanne
It is a short TT race and I am hoping for 2 Top 10 results and a few more scoring some points.
The TT generation is looking promising at the moment  :D
Unfortunately only Keith Milne have a weather bonus, but this might mean that he scores a point or two.

Pos   Name      Age    Rating   Team         Role      
1   Dan Lucas      20      71.8      Argonautjes      NA   
2   Ben Duncan      20      71.6      Shiro_Lions      NA   
3   Don Jones      20      69.6      Argonautjes      NA   
4   Steven Laybutt      19      66.5      CyKings      NA   
5   Jack Haber      20      65.3      Losbicikoalas      NA   
6   Keith Milne      20      64.9*      VanHook      NA   
7   Kenny Leipheimer      19      63.9      CyKings      NA   
8   Freddie Neville      19      63.6      CyKings      NA   
9   Les Odom      19      --.-      Zirimola      NA   

Results
Good performance as expected. Dan Lucas finished only 2 seconds from the race winner.

Pos   Name   Team Points
2   Dan Lucas   Argonautjes    250
7   Ben Duncan   Shiro_Lions    150
15   Don Jones   Argonautjes    70
20   Steven Laybutt   CyKings    10

The lead over Columbia (Still #2) was increased with 340 points which is quite nice but like Vos says, anything can still happen and one bad race can change a lot.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 05:21:50 pm by Dirk »

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 08:33:49 pm »
2nd, 7th, 15th and 20th, very good results, Dirk !  8)

Way better as I expected, because I compared the GV of the Australians with my 20yo Steele, who I did not train very well previous season.
Steele (GB) finished as 3rd and should be better as Lucas (AUS) who finished as 2nd.
Well, it is CFF style time trial so luck has a big influence. And I was hoping Steele was good, but I did no know how good the competition was.

And very good results of the 19yo Australians too.
We knew Laybutt was one of the two best 19yo talents, and he finished as best 19yo on the 20th place, 1 second before his rival.
But also promising results of Leipheimer (41st) and Neville (50th), they were the 5th and 7th 19yo old in this time trial.

A good amount of points in this race (2nd best country), and now a gap towards the number 2 in the ranking by countries.
And perhaps good that Colombia is 2nd and Russia 3rd. We don't see such countries often in the top of the ranking.
The number 4, big CFF country Spain, is already 790 points behind.  8)
It is looking very good, but the season is just halfway so anything can still happen.
Good luck in the next race !

Dirk

• View Profile
    • a
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 05:22:39 pm »
Thanks Vos, yeah I am quite happy with the result. The next few races will be interesting!

Dirk

• View Profile
    • a
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2018, 10:47:02 am »
Race 6 - Toulon
I think we should be able to score some points here and holding my thumbs for a top 10 with Jason Licuria.
Mike Waith is given a free role since he does not like to help on cobbled sections and Daniel Oar is of the opinion that he is just as good as Jason so perhaps we should give him a chance to ride for himself also. The first 6 riders is selected based on the merit. The 19y olds were #8 and #10 on the ranking respectively and Ashley Jones selected for the pure love of cobbles he has.

Pos   Name      Age    Rating   Team         Role      
1   Jason Licuria      20      60.2      Navarra18      Leader   
2   Richard Walker      20      59.4      Losbicikoalas      Dom   
3   Will Fagan      20      58.6      Losbicikoalas      Free   
4   Mike Waithe      20      56.8      RHyNeStOnEs_BiKeRs      Free   
5   Daniel Oar      20      56.8      Bassecycling      Dom   
6   Ike Johnston      20      55.4      OffTheFront      Dom   
7   Herbie Mikkelson      19      53.9      PiltrafaTeam      Dom   
8   Kent Bradley      19      53.4      Telleriarte      Dom   
9   Ashley Jones      20      53.3      Losbicikoalas      Dom   

Results
Fortunately Richard Walker got pulled just before the race and he played a crucial role as a domestique in the race as well as finishing 12th and scoring 100 points. Jason were 6 seconds behind the winner in S4 and in a group of 5. With a good assist from Richard , Jason broke away from them in the last km's but could not close the gap to the winner.

Pos   Name   Team Points
2   Jason Licuria   Navarra18    250
12   Richard Walker   Losbicikoalas    100

With a good result from the Australian team, the standings is looking good since the closest rival ( Columbia ), did not score any points.
So we have to defend 780 points in 4 races! Seems possible  ;D

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:11:58 am by Dirk »

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 09:14:48 am »
97 cyclists

WinterIsComing

• WiC - 2C | Sons of Anarchy - Class of XXXV
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 10:18:14 pm »
Things are looking really good, Dirk! Keep it up.  :D

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2018, 01:12:15 am »
Great results Dirk !  8)

Dirk

• View Profile
    • a
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2018, 10:20:25 am »
Thanks WiC and Vos,

I need to thank Vos also for his assistance in the last race, if it was not for him/her then I might have missed Richard Walker  who I noticed when he posted the u21 lists.
Vos also helped with the tactics of the domestiques, confirmed my tactics for leader and gave a stamp of approval for my selection  :)

PS: I updated the results http://www.cyclingforfun.org/smf/index.php/topic,2646.msg281369.html#msg281369  section above
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:22:43 am by Dirk »

Vos

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2018, 10:54:06 am »
him/her
:))
him/her
But there are a lot of CFF managers who think I look like this  :-*  ;) :

And a few CFF managers who think I look like this  :-* ;D :
http://www.cyclingforfun.org/smf/index.php/topic,2639.msg281030.html#msg281030