Author Topic: Division 2a Lounge  (Read 19480 times)

TeamGiacomo

Re: Division 2a Lounge
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 01:29:59 am »
WooHooo! Scored some points over the last two races - 3 yesterday and 3 today! :D

OK, I know thats nothing to get excited about, but to be honest the way things started out, I wasn't sure I could score points at all this season! So for me, these points are pretty big! Still abit of a let down though, because 3 of those points came from a rider that won the Eneco Tour for me last season in div. 3d and the best he could do here, at least so far, is a 30th place showing.

Yup, I've got my work cut-out for me here! :P

ProSCycling

• Global Moderator
  • Pro-SCycling Cannondale | U21-DENMARK
    • View Profile
    • SCyclingUSA website
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 02:20:42 am »
Competition is so much harder in 2a, than 3rd division. I'm just looking forward to see my riders in action in the mountains later in the season. Hopefully more points than the 5 points I have now :) But cobble and hills is not my strength.

IBMsuiza

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 11:05:20 am »
Moaaaaaaaaar cobblestones moaaaar  :)

ERG

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 01:30:07 pm »
Hello everyone! I was the 5th in div 3d last season. Nice to see other 3d opponents! I'm french, i'll try to do my best for write.

I have 0 points, it's hard to score!! Have a good season!

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 07:56:40 pm »
Hey ERG, its good to see you!

We had a nice battle for 4th place in 3d last season. We're likely to battle again this season, but for 50th place or so! ;D

Anyway, good luck and nice to see you on the forum!

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:30 pm »
Hello everyone! I was the 5th in div 3d last season. Nice to see other 3d opponents! I'm french, i'll try to do my best for write.

I have 0 points, it's hard to score!! Have a good season!

Hello ERG, good luck. For any question you can ask us

ERG

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 09:12:17 pm »
Hey ERG, its good to see you!

We had a nice battle for 4th place in 3d last season. We're likely to battle again this season, but for 50th place or so! ;D

Anyway, good luck and nice to see you on the forum!

Yeah! You made a good final last season!  ;)

ProSCycling

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SCyclingUSA website
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 04:29:28 pm »

Cristian Adamsen
Age: 23. Adamsen will have to show his skills on the mountain flat stages. Hopefully he will be good enough for at least one top 10 during the Paris-Nice tour.

George Ablett
Age: 23. Ablett is a strong climber with additional average hills skills, so hopefully that is enough for him to end up in top 10 in atleast one stage, and a top 20 in the overall standing.

Trevor Simpson
Age: 23. Trevor will be the captain for the Paris-Nice. His problem is downhill, but he has all the skills he need for a strong finish in the overall standings.

Noah Rørvik
Age: 25. Noah is a strong climber, and now also with okay flat, which means he should be able to stay together with the other climbers on the flat climbing stages in the Paris-Nice. Noah should be good enough for a top 20 result in the overall standings.

Stephen Jones
Age: 26. Jones has always been the helper in tours, and will be it again.

JohnnyQKuch

• CoureursDeFréjus (2c) - BC Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 07:52:13 pm »
158 riders for paris-nice, that is a lot. I was hoping for a top-30 place in the first stage, it's 58th. The next stages should be better for us, hopefully they are.
It's a good lesson: Don't try to get a mediocre result, It won't work.

ProSCycling

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SCyclingUSA website
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 08:15:30 pm »
OMG! Trevor Simpson ended 102 today in a race he ended in top 5 in 3e  :o

chi

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 09:36:06 pm »
Nice, a 2a topic.

Well, being promoted twice in a row I don't expect to much this season, but already I'm in 4th place. Don't expect to hold on to that though, although my team is mostly built for the tours...

Paris-Nice is a test race for me. How good is Potin in this division, he's very all round. Tello was great in 2 last year with 2 podiums in grand tours (Giro and Vuelta). In a weak 3d division Potin won the Vuelta with a huge difference from the number 2, Vali (also in my team). Vali won the Giro. So I'm curious what the level is in 2a. I don't expect Vali to be able to win anything this year, I'd be very surprised if he could make top 10 in the Tour... He lost a lot this first race in Paris-Nice already.

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 01:16:46 am »
Whoa - got a 10th place finish in todays stage!  8) :D

That definetely got me excited. I do have some decent hillers/sprinters, but I wasn't expecting that good a result today, especially given the huge amount of riders entered! Sheeeesh! :o

Climbers are what I am really lacking, so I'm not looking for a good overall here for sure.

Hey chi, great job on 4th place! ;)

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 03:48:20 am »
OMG! Trevor Simpson ended 102 today in a race he ended in top 5 in 3e  :o

This division is full of surprises!

Slasher

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 03:00:44 pm »
Adler Ritter was an animal in 3th division. Here is a noob (nr. 71 in general classification of Paris Nice)...

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 01:34:03 am »
Blah, had a 31st place finish in todays TT.

The way he was progressing through the sections, I thought for sure he would make 30th and get those 3pts.! Goodness, I was chomping at the bit for those 3 lousy little points... :-\