Author Topic: Division 2a Lounge  (Read 26655 times)

Fontainbleau

• Antequera Div 2c
    • View Profile
Re: Division 2a Lounge
« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2016, 11:51:46 am »
My team for Tirreno Adriatico:

Patrocinio Rey (Leader)
Simon Leander (Free Role)
Vahur Ehapalu (Free Role)
Carl Gailes (Helper)
David Ray (Free Role)

Just the 1 change from Paris Nice. Gailes comes in as the helper. I am going to try and be greedy again and get Leander, Ehapalu and Rey in the top 10 in the GC. Rey is coming as leader instead of Leander even though the weather favours Leander. This time I will be disappointed if Ray doesn't win the white jersey as this is his best tour.

WinterIsComing

• WiC - 2C | Sons of Anarchy - Class of XXXV
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2016, 06:03:40 pm »
It has been a really good week for my team. Bob Winger was the best cobble/hiller andof won in Flandres, JP Grevisse was really strong in the hill classics as he won every race he was the team leader, includibgng AGR, La Fleche Wallone and Liege.

Now a few minor races, and then the Giro is coming next. Antequera will wake up again, I think  ;)

Fontainbleau

• Antequera Div 2c
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2016, 07:47:02 am »
It has been a really good week for my team. Bob Winger was the best cobble/hiller andof won in Flandres, JP Grevisse was really strong in the hill classics as he won every race he was the team leader, includibgng AGR, La Fleche Wallone and Liege.

Now a few minor races, and then the Giro is coming next. Antequera will wake up again, I think  ;)

Congratulations on your good results

Yes. I am looking forward to the Giro very much ;)

Fontainbleau

• Antequera Div 2c
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2016, 11:07:23 am »
My team for the Giro:

Patrocinio Rey (Leader)
Petro Gabaraev (Free Role)
Andre Gotz (Free Role)
Vahur Ehapalu (Helper)
Niels Algra (Free Role)

Rey will be fighting for pink. Expect a podium finish from him at the very least. Gabaraev and Gotz I hope that they will finish in the top 15 of the GC. Ehapalu job is to help Rey. Algra will try to finish in a high position in the white jersey competition.

WinterIsComing

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2016, 11:11:36 am »

My goal is to get a top 5 with Leonards Koks in the 'Fight for Pink'

Fontainbleau

• Antequera Div 2c
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2016, 11:02:30 pm »
Good start. Only Rey and Pass survived in the front group after the 4th sector out of the tour riders. They pulled out 1 minute and 13 seconds on a group of 8 tour riders that includes Koks

WinterIsComing

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2016, 11:21:23 pm »
Good start. Only Rey and Pass survived in the front group after the 4th sector out of the tour riders. They pulled out 1 minute and 13 seconds on a group of 8 tour riders that includes Koks

Unfortunately Koks could only stay in front in the first 2 sections and fell behind a bit too soon. Brasperinckx finished 7th as a domestique, which was a positive.

Fontainbleau

• Antequera Div 2c
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2016, 11:25:49 pm »
After the cobblestones hills stage (stage 7) the top 2, Pass and Rey, lost time to the chasers and now the top 6 are separated by less than 2 minutes. The last 3 stages should be strong for Rey but I don't think I will be able to make up the 54 seconds that he trails Pass by. I will give it a go though :)

WinterIsComing

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2016, 12:03:21 pm »
I lost precious time in the hillstage, by setting Koks up with 13 ep. Stupid me. I recovered well in the cobble/hill stage though, with a 9th place and gaining time on every tour rider. Koks is now 4th and well on his way to reach top 5.

Fontainbleau

• Antequera Div 2c
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2016, 12:32:01 pm »
I lost precious time in the hillstage, by setting Koks up with 13 ep. Stupid me. I recovered well in the cobble/hill stage though, with a 9th place and gaining time on every tour rider. Koks is now 4th and well on his way to reach top 5.

Actually Koks didn't gain on EVERY tour rider. Latorre finished 7th in the cobblestone hills stage finishing 8 seconds ahead of Koks and moving up to 10th in the GC.

Koks did do extremely well in the stage putting himself in contention for the podium in the GC. I still think Pass and Rey will finish 1st and 2nd as they are both strong climbers and sprinters compared to the other tour riders

WinterIsComing

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2016, 08:57:15 pm »
Ah yeah, didnīt notice Latorre, youīre right.

Koks wonīt be a danger for the top spots, his sprint isnīt good enough and I donīt think he will win time in the mountains. But he will try, of course.

Fontainbleau

• Antequera Div 2c
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2016, 08:18:57 am »
Ah yeah, didnīt notice Latorre, youīre right.

Koks wonīt be a danger for the top spots, his sprint isnīt good enough and I donīt think he will win time in the mountains. But he will try, of course.

Koks finished 3rd in the mountain stage and took time off everyone except for Rey. Yeah he is not a very good climber :P

I pick Koks for 3rd in the GC. In the 1st sprint stage Koks only lost time to Pass and Rey. If he can do that again you just need to beat Amor by more than 9 seconds in the last stage to get 3rd. Good luck :)

Fontainbleau

• Antequera Div 2c
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2016, 11:26:00 pm »
Good result in the Giro with Rey finishing 2nd and having 4 riders finishing in the top 15 in GC.

I have learnt not to listen to WinterIsComing as he fibs "Koks wonīt be a danger for the top spots, his sprint isnīt good enough and I donīt think he will win time in the mountains." Koks came 3rd by over a minute from 4th :P

My team for Dauphine:

Andras Porubszki (Leader)
Patrocinio Rey (Helper)
Bill Wallyn (Free Role)
Bob Sheehan (Free Role)

Porubszki will be going for the win. Want a podium finish at worst. Gabaraev trying to finish in the points in the GC. Rey is coming as a helper but will only be useful in the mountain hill stages. Wallyn and Sheehan are 2 youngsters that are hoping for a good finish in the white jersey competition. Good luck to all.

WinterIsComing

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 22, 2016, 09:09:00 pm »
Good result in the Giro with Rey finishing 2nd and having 4 riders finishing in the top 15 in GC.

I have learnt not to listen to WinterIsComing as he fibs "Koks wonīt be a danger for the top spots, his sprint isnīt good enough and I donīt think he will win time in the mountains." Koks came 3rd by over a minute from 4th :P

My team for Dauphine:

Andras Porubszki (Leader)
Patrocinio Rey (Helper)
Bill Wallyn (Free Role)
Bob Sheehan (Free Role)

Porubszki will be going for the win. Want a podium finish at worst. Gabaraev trying to finish in the points in the GC. Rey is coming as a helper but will only be useful in the mountain hill stages. Wallyn and Sheehan are 2 youngsters that are hoping for a good finish in the white jersey competition. Good luck to all.

And so, Koks in fact was not a danger for the top 2 spots ;) The team pulled of a good couple of stages in the Giro, too bad I ruined the hill stage and the first sprint race could've been better as well, but overall I am very please with the performance in the Giro :)

The Dauphiné didn't start well for me as I lost too much time in the first cobble race due to bad tactics. The next stages were good and we will try to gain a few spots in the final stage. We won't be able to endanger Vilnis Kreilis (27, AllioliTeam) for the win however. He is racing a very good Dauphiné.

Fontainbleau

• Antequera Div 2c
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 22, 2016, 11:08:22 pm »
I think I over estimated Porubszki or under estimated the help a decent domistique provides. He is no hope for a podium in the GC.

Koks is doing really well again. I predict he should be able to climb up to 4th in the GC. :)