Author Topic: Division 2a Lounge  (Read 19479 times)

chi

Re: Division 2a Lounge
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2012, 09:32:17 am »
2nd and 3r place overall one race before the end. I hope Potin can keep the 3d place from Marbley, a monster.

With Vali, who seems to be unlucky this round, at 17 it's turning out to be a very good Paris-Nice. Since the last race seems to be his favorite I'm expecting a few better positions from him at the end. Never expected to be able to do this in 2a...

ProSCycling

• Global Moderator
  • Pro-SCycling Cannondale | U21-DENMARK
    • View Profile
    • SCyclingUSA website
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 02:58:38 pm »
Now my riders finally started to show something. 3 riders in the points in last race, and now up in 12th overall with Trevor Simpson.  ;)

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 04:37:10 pm »
Although I didn't really expect much in this tour, I was alittle excited to see one of my riders get 10th in the second stage and was in 11th overall after the third stage, but it all went badly from there and it ended just like I thought it would.  :-\

Nice job SCycling, your team made a nice jump in the division standings :)!

ProSCycling

• Global Moderator
  • Pro-SCycling Cannondale | U21-DENMARK
    • View Profile
    • SCyclingUSA website
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 04:42:00 pm »
Although I didn't really expect much in this tour, I was alittle excited to see one of my riders get 10th in the second stage and was in 11th overall after the third stage, but it all went badly from there and it ended just like I thought it would.  :-\

Nice job SCycling, your team made a nice jump in the division standings :)!

Thanks. It was so nice with those mountains :) Trevor Simpson was so close to end in top 20 (in 3rd he won Paris-Nice  ;D )

chi

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 10:13:25 pm »
What a monster Eesma must be...

JohnnyQKuch

• CoureursDeFréjus (2c) - BC Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 11:11:15 pm »
Unbelievable, 2 wins in a row, my two best riders can get results. Donati in a stage made for him and some good riders probably weren't present. But Randen in the final stage of PN, that result gets him on the podium of PN. I Didn't think my team was ready for such results. Now let's see of Vermeersch can finish in the top 20 of TA or a good result in a stage. This season already exceeds my expectations.

Also nice to see that teams that struggled in the beginning are getting results now.

Slasher

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 01:03:22 am »
I'm very happy with Derek Benson, 22 years old, and a nice result. Nr 8 in Tirreno Adriatico and nr 3th in climb-sprint and 4th in pure climb :)

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 01:45:23 am »
I'm very happy with Derek Benson, 22 years old, and a nice result. Nr 8 in Tirreno Adriatico and nr 3th in climb-sprint and 4th in pure climb :)

Nice result Slasher, you should be pleased with that! :)

I never had a doubt that your team would do well here, after witnessing your performance first hand last season! 8)

Slasher

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 10:30:17 pm »
Thank you, nice to hear that you trust in my team :)

And today 4th with Wouter Peters. After race 14 my staff was complete, finally ;)

IBMsuiza

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 10:57:03 pm »
Lázár Gobbi starts his season :-X

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 05:26:54 am »
Geez, are we done with cobbles yet? :-[

Did pretty well on them last season, but my guys aren't showing to well here... :-\

ERG

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 09:17:39 am »
42th... It's so difficult for us.  :-\ Perhaps Giro will be better.

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2012, 04:39:54 pm »
42th... It's so difficult for us.  :-\ Perhaps Giro will be better.

It really has been difficult, but it looks like we're coming into some good hill races now, so I should fare alittle better here (I hope!). Not sure about the Giro. I'll be going after some decent stage finishes there, but I don't think I have a snowballs chance in hell of a good overall. ;D

TeamGiacomo

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 05:30:49 pm »
Well, we're finally out of the cobbles and into some nice hill races now, which I thought was my strength, yet I can't break the top 50!  :o

I have a rider that has an 88 in hills, a 66 flat, an 82 sprint with solid secondary numbers, and he hasn't gotten past 60th in the last two hill races. I can only imagine the numbers the riders of the top teams have here! I havn't scored a point in quite awhile now and I was hoping to show well in these hill races, but no dice so far. There are a couple of good hill races still coming up that should be favorable to my team, so there is still some hope I guess, but if this keeps up I might have to have to stop racing and just train I guess.... :-\

JohnnyQKuch

• CoureursDeFréjus (2c) - BC Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2012, 07:59:56 am »
Well, we're finally out of the cobbles and into some nice hill races now, which I thought was my strength, yet I can't break the top 50!  :o

I have a rider that has an 88 in hills, a 66 flat, an 82 sprint with solid secondary numbers, and he hasn't gotten past 60th in the last two hill races. I can only imagine the numbers the riders of the top teams have here! I havn't scored a point in quite awhile now and I was hoping to show well in these hill races, but no dice so far. There are a couple of good hill races still coming up that should be favorable to my team, so there is still some hope I guess, but if this keeps up I might have to have to stop racing and just train I guess.... :-\

The rider like you discribe is a sprint-hill rider. For stages like Milaan-San Remo. For hills stages like this you need: Hills, downhill, stamina, aggressiveness and flat. Sprint only when the last section is flat. You need a rider that has a bronze hill icon, to finish top 20. I think skills like +-90 hills, and 50-60 for the other skills I named. If some skills are less then 50, other secundairy skills need to be better.

If you aren't getting the results you want for certain stages, you will need to get a rider from the transfermarket and sell some of the riders you have. The riders you allready have and aren't getting result (unless they are young and training 100%), simply aren't good enough. It's better to have 1 good rider, than 10 that struggle for place 30.

Your stages are still to come, take your bronze sprinter to tours with 2-3 sprint stages. He will finish top 10 at least.